Ebook creation service
Creating ebooks is a bit of an art, and while most people can eventually produce a satisfactory file, many would rather be writing new stories and novels than messing around with html code.
I'm Simon Haynes, author of the Hal Spacejock and Hal Junior series. Over the years I've generated many ebooks, and I'm now offering you my skills.
What am I offering?
I'll take your Word or OpenOffice document (Docx, Doc, Odt or RTF) and import it into a yWriter project. Then I'll export it to epub and mobi ebook files. Mobi is ideal for Amazon Kindle, while epub is widely used on other devices.
What do you receive?
I'll send you the yWriter project, so you can make changes in future and automatically create updated versions of your epub and mobi files. I'll also send you a mobi and epub version of your file.
Where can you see a sample of my work?
I create all the ebooks for Bowman Press, my own imprint. So far I've released eight novels and a dozen or so short stories, all available from Amazon
. Several are free of charge, so grab a copy to check out the formatting. If you don't have a Kindle, Amazon offers the free Kindle software for PCs and smartphones.
I also put together these titles in the Maisie McDonald series by Shelley MacBride:
Maisie McDonald's Diary
Maisie McDonald's Friends and Enemies
(I've worked on dozens of other titles, too.)
How much does my ebook conversion service cost?
per title. Special price ... just $75!
(One third deposit and the rest on completion.)
Short stories up to 10,000 words
per title. Special price ... just $25!
(Paid up front)
yWriter Supporters (Gold level and above) are entitled to a 20% discount off these prices.
What are the restrictions?
• I only work on fiction, as found in a standard novel.
• No tables, footnotes, etc.
• You have to supply a suitable electronic file.
• Converting from PDF is a LOT more work, and I'll need to check the file first to see whether it's even possible.
• I can't convert from physical (printed) books.
• One or two images are okay (e.g. a map, an author photo)
• I don't handle picture books or interactive books (video, etc).
What do you have to send me?
Your novel in docx, doc, or openoffice format
Suitable cover art - usually a jpg image around 1600 pixels in height.
Some things you need to know:
• I don't proof your work, correct spelling or check your grammar.
• Privacy and discretion are guaranteed.
If you're interested, contact me
(subject: ebook conversion) and let me know what you're after.