Freelance writer for hire
(I'm also a freelance computer programmer.)
Why hire me?
• English is my first language (I was born in the United Kingdom, now living in Australia)
• I have a Bachelor of Arts in English from Curtin University.
• I'm a fast but careful worker.
• I'm not hiding behind a nickname. I have my reputation as an author to uphold.
• I've worked for small and medium businesses since 1989, writing copy for endless brochures, press ads, newsletters, magazines, flyers, product catalog(ue)s and more.
• I've been an avid computer gamer since 1983. I can write and polish in-game text or write backstory for adventures, proofread manuals, etc.
What am I offering?
I'm an experienced freelance writer, someone who can put that all-important shine on your personal and business documents.
No job is too small. Does your book blurb need rewriting? Is your marketing copy flabby and unfocussed? Do you need a snappy paragraph for your blog or website? Let me trim it down for you!
I write clean, effective copy for marketing brochures, ads, computer games, product manuals, newsletters, sales sheets, direct mail campaigns, websites and any other project you have in mind.
What don't I offer?
I cannot ghost-write your novel, dissertation or other longer forms.
It depends on the job. Let me know what kind of source material you have - and what you want me to come up with - and I'll give you a quote. E.g. tell me whether I'm working from a rough draft, an idea, product specs ... you get the idea.
At the lower end, I'll rewrite your book blurb or a couple of paragraphs of text for $10-$20 (US).
At the upper end, I can give a four-page brochure a proper going-over for $200-$300.
(Rates subject to change depending on my workload and the amount of work you're offering.)
Some things you need to know:
• I accept Paypal, BPay (Australia) and major credit cards.
• Privacy and discretion are guaranteed.
You might like to skim my articles on writing a novel, getting published and rejection
If you're interested in my freelance writing service, contact me and let me know what you're after.